[Coco] Drivewire on an original Raspberry Pi

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:26:07 EST 2022

Well, good news and bad news.  First the bad news.  I was not
able to get any Drivewire to run on the original Pi.  I may
try to work on it more at a later date but that wasn't the
actual task Ihad in mind so...
The good news is I was able to find an old Laptop with XP and
Drivewire4 on it so I do have my NitrOS9 system running again.

Which brings up  the next set of questions.  :-)

1.  Trying to get the C Compiler working.  Apparently the Level 1
     compiler had /d1 and /d0 hardwired in the code rather than /DD.
     I read on one site that there is a patch to fix that.  Anybody
     know where I might find it?

2.  Other option is the Level 2 version of the compiler which
     apparently, has only one difference.  It is already set up
     to use /DD so it will work on systems other than floppy
     based ones.  Anyone know where I might find a copy of the
     Level 2 version of the C Compiler?

And one more just for the hell of it.

3.  Anyone have any idea why DL LOGO would not run on a COCO 3 under
     NitrOS9?  It was originally created for COCO 1 and/or COCO 2 with
     OS9 Level I and shipped on a floppy containing enough to run it.
     Attempts to run it on my COCO 3 with NitrOS9 result in the system
     hard crashing.  I would like to use it for some interesting projects
     as well as teaching my grandson to program (or, as they call it
     today, coding) using LOGO.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

bill