[Coco] XROAR and Orchestra 90

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Dec 29 20:27:18 EST 2022

> On Dec 29, 2022, at 6:25 PM, Robert Emery via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Did you switch the MPI switch to the slot with the Orch-90? Is that a thing
> in emulators? I have to do that on the real hardware.

I don’t know if that’s an option in XROAR.

I ended up using the Orchestra-90 hack that uses the built-in 6-bit DAC instead of the two stereo 8-bit DACs of the hardware pack. But, the file I am trying to play has issues. I had to write a converter to change the ASCII music file to the format it expects, but it still has errors.

This is a learning experience for sure.

In the meantime, there are two DRWHO.ASC files on CoCo Archive (DRWHO.ASC and DRWHO2.ASC) that I would like to hear. Any Orch-90 experts out there?

One has extensions in it for another music player (TRS-80 non CoCo I expect) and needs to be edited, but I still didn’t get it to compile.
--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware