[Coco] XROAR and Orchestra 90

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Dec 29 15:55:53 EST 2022

On Dec 29, 2022, at 2:26 PM, Ciaran Anscomb via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

>>> Just run with "-cart orch90"?  WFM!  And if you don't want the built-in ROM
>>> to work (or don't have orch90.rom around in the first place), add
>>> "-no-cart-autorun".
>>
>> I can get it to run standalone with tape, but I want to create a conf entry
>> for a disk based version.
>
> So an MPI configuration?
>
> XRoar's MPI config ability needs a bit of work as you still specify it
> all globally rather than as part of a cart config, but right now you'd
> do something like this in xroar.conf:
>
> # Orchestra 90 in slot 0
> mpi-load-cart 0=orch90
> # RSDOS in slot 3
> mpi-load-cart 3=rsdos
> # Default slot 3 (like switch selection)
> mpi-slot 3

Ah, global. I found that in the PDF documentation and had that set up, but had to switch the slot to 0 to match what the Orch-90 manual says. That let it auto run the software, which I need for this particular experiment, but it couldn’t access disk. Oddly, an error trying to access the second drive with no disk in it, and it would just pause and return trying to access the first disk. Sorta seems like something was working.

All of this so I can try to hear two Orch-90 files. Maybe I should find that software implementation of the ROM, now that I think about it.