[Coco] Is there a CF or SD to MFM available?

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Dec 12 16:19:10 EST 2022

On 12/12/22 13:39, rietveld rietveld via Coco wrote:
> I am looking to replace the aging MFM drive that I use with my Burke and Burke.  Is the a CF to MFM option like the CF to IDE?
>
> Sent via BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox for Android<http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackberry.hub>

Fraid not, two different critters entirely.  The MFM is dumb, and needs
the smart card. The IDE moves all that into the drive, but was designed
for winderz, so it still takes a bit of finagling to make 256 byte
sectors work on a coco, since ALL the IDE's are 512 bytes per sector
devices.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
  - Louis D. Brandeis