[Coco] CoCoFEST Planning

johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 16:24:12 EST 2022

All,

For those living in the Chicagoland area I would like your help in
recommending restaurants for the 2023 CoCoFEST!

We are looking for restaurants around this location.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago-Carol Stream (Wheaton)
150 South Gary Avenue
Carol Stream, Illinois 60007
Phone: 630-665-3000

I would like for you to try them out and report on things like:
Handicap Accessible
Cost per person (supper)
Banquet Room (Yes or No)
Service (good, very good, fair, excellent, and on like that)
Food quality (good, very good, fair, excellent, and on like that)
Type (Hamburger, Sandwiches, USA, German, Steak and Seafood, Hamburger & Hot
Dog, German & USA, American, Brazilian Steakhouse, Seafood, and on like
that)
Notes: (Large Parties, Make reservations, and on like that)

Carol Stream is close to Lombard where the Heron Point Building is. Where
past CoCoFEST! have been held.

I have checked out the following restaurants:
Brauer House
Jimmy John's
Schnizel Platz
Ki's Steak & Seafood
Portillo's

There is rode construction on W North Ave where a bridge crosses 355
(Veterans Memorial Tollway S), I think they are working on the bridge. This
makes it more difficult to get to Brauer House, Jimmy John's, and perhaps
Schnizel Platz. I think there are some back streets you can take so you can
go left on E North Ave. from Schnizel Platz. I don't think there are many
places where you can make a U-turn on E North Ave. between Schnizal Platz
and bride under construction. I don't know when the construction will
finish. So all of this may not be an issue as be get closer to the CoCoFEST!
The construction may add 10 minutes to your trip. Getting to Schnizal Platz
is easy, it is getting back that may be a little more difficult.

Don't go too far down Gary Ave from the hotel because it turns into a
one-way street and then it hard to find your way back. There is an Irish pub
on this road, and I recommend not traveling past this pub. The name of this
pub is Rosie O Reilly's. I have checked it out online and they do have much
of a menu. I think they serve breakfast and pizza. I would not recommend
this restraint. If you plan to travel past this point, then have the address
of the hotel handy so you can use your GSP to find your way back.

There is a restaurant at the hotel, but they were closed the day I visited.

Who will help me explore this new area around the hotel to find restaurants
and thing to do in the area?

Things to do:
Escape Rooms
There is a Dave & Buster's in Lombard
There's Enterrium in Schaumburg (this is where the recent picnic was held)
There's the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield
There's the Underground Retrocade in West Dundee
Also, I found out that Chicago has a Disco.
There may also be some bars that play 80's music.

Also, the ladies sometimes like to take a trip together during the fest.
What kind of things would you recommend.

What other ideas do you have?

John Mark Mobley