[Coco] RS-DOS C compiler, maybe cross compiler?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Dec 7 01:12:09 EST 2022

I recall that towards the end of my "CoCo as a primary machine" era, a C compiler was released for DISK BASIC.

Today, I believe there are others (CMOC?).

I have used C under OS-9, but never from DECB. I’d like to give that a try.

Has someone put up a blog post or tutorial with what I might need?

Are there any cross compilers that will run on Mac, PC, Linux, etc. to build binaries for DECB?

Thanks, much. I’ve been chatting with OpenAI having I write BASIC for me, and there are just so many variants that it tries to use which won’t work on a legacy system like the CoCo. I am planning on giving the same thing a try using generic C, and see if it can handle that with more compatibility.

Cheers…
--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware