[Coco] CoCo 2 to HDMI/LCD Monitor

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Dec 2 09:51:46 EST 2022

On 2/12/2022 6:33 am, M. David Johnson via Coco wrote:
> On a side note, I was under the impression that the video output on the CoCo 2 is straight RF.
>
> I recently picked up an RF-to-HDMI converter to experiment with and, of course, the lashup produces no HDMI picture ?
>
> Could anybody point me towards what I'm likely to be missing here?
I did a little digging. Most of what I found was CoCo3 related. I did find a couple composite video circuits for a CoCo2 (different from coCo1!). Use this then a composite to HDMI converter.
Color Computer 2 composite board

|  |  |

|  |
Color Computer 2 composite board

CoCo2 Composite Video Out Board with Sound This circuit uses the MC1372 video modulator ic to convert the compon...

 https://www.st-hubert.org/phase2/truepages/elec0003.htm
I found a YouTube video for building an S-video board, but it's for a PAL CoCo2, not US NTSC version. It might be of some help, but would need extra circuitry to work with an NTSC version... and it may not be practical due to the different video signals. I don't know enough to say...

Simple Tandy Color Computer 2 S-Video mod (and half a Dragon32 mod) #SepTandy

|  |  |

|  |
Simple Tandy Color Computer 2 S-Video mod (and half a Dragon32 mod) #Sep...

Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548