[Coco] chat.openai.com can generate and explain BASIC code.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Dec 1 16:43:29 EST 2022

I’ve been pasting BASIC in to the OpenAI chat and it explains it, and sometimes, shows the output. I pasted in a simple guess the number game, and it correctly told me it was a guess the number game, explained what each line did, then showed a sample output session playing it.

I’ve asked it to write 6809 assembly to do a specific task, and it did, but had some weird op codes. I told it that INX and INY were not on 6809, and it corrected the code with LEAX 1,X and such. Mind blowing.

You can ask it to write a routine in C, too. And it doesn’t always write it the same way. I asked for a guess the number game in BASIC and it’s shown me three variations. One had a bug that made the game impossible to exit from. It’s… Wild.

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware