[Coco] CoCo2 black and gray video only -- need help!

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Oct 23 01:05:58 EDT 2021

Yeah, the spec for NTSC color is pretty tight. In fact, it is tighter than most inexpensive crystals. I imagine that’s one of the reasons why the trimmer cap is in the circuit. If the crystal is a little off you can “bend” it slightly to get the frequency where you want it. Like I was saying, you might just try removing that trim cap which is right next to the crystal. It could be that it has aged an now has more capacitance than it used to. Worth a try.

Dave