[Coco] CoCo2 black and gray video only -- need help!

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Fri Oct 22 21:34:39 EDT 2021

Keith, I think the first thing to try would probably be the easiest.
Replace the 14.31818 MHz crystal, then try replacing the TC1 variable
cap and the two caps C43, C44. That might just fix it right there. You
might even try taking TC1 out first to see if that helps. I have heard
of quirks with that part.  Someone posted not too long ago that simply
diddling with TC1 caused his machine to start working from a previously
dead state.

You obviously have a running clock since the computer boots up put
perhaps the frequency has drifted off enough that you can't get color.

Dave