[Coco] ToolShed usage question.

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Fri Nov 26 13:11:58 EST 2021

To copy the BASIC file back to a disk with matching source and
destination filenames and the file is already on this disk image:

decb copy -r0a PSGV2.BAS PSG7.dsk,

The -r is to overwrite the existing file
The -0 is to set the files as a BASIC program
the -a is to set the BASIC program to be type ASCII

you can also use the integrated BASIC tokenizer like this:

decb copy -rt PSGV2.BAS PSG7.dsk,

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 8:41 AM <coco at jechar.ca> wrote:

> I am using ToolShed in Linux trying to copy out a file to linux
> edit it and then put it back.
>
> decb copy PSG7.dsk,PSG.BAS PSGV2.BAS
>
> Works fine to download a copy of PSG.BAS to linux.
> But when I do
>
> decb copy PSGV2.BAS PSG7.dsk,PSGPSG7.dsk,PSGV2.BAS
>
> It is unreadable on the coco. I think this is because I have not
> included an option to tell it to treat the file as ASCII, however
> I do not know what the syntax of that option is.
>
> Charlie

tim lindner

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."