[Coco] FPGA dsk boot file

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sun Nov 14 01:38:29 EST 2021

Login to the CoCo3FPGA group and navigate to this page: https://groups.io/g/CoCo3FPGA/files/Support%20files

Download the burnboot.dsk image. I think there’s a readme file on there. It’s pretty straightforward and will burn the necessary boot loader onto your flash chip on the DE1. After you have done this make sure SW2 is in the ‘down’ position and reboot with CTL-ALT-DEL on your keyboard. You will see the boot loader screen and if you have a valid NitrOS9 partition on your SD card starting at logical sector $000000 and you have a valid OS9Boot file in the root directory, it should boot. Let me know how it works for you.

I intend to make an instructional video for this and a few other operations needed to get a DE1 up and running with CoCo3FPGA and NitrOS9.

-Dave Philipsen