[Coco] The CoCo PSG cartridge How To.

Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey exile at weylan-yutani.com
Sun Nov 7 09:54:26 EST 2021

On Sat, 2021-11-06 at 16:18 -0300, coco at jechar.ca wrote:
> Works good I see you show how to play the notes A, B and C
> but where do I find the information on the other notes ie. D,E,F and
> G.
>
> F major and such things.
>
> I want to try a setup where I read notes from a file and play them.

I've replied off-list with attachments like a spreadsheet of note
values and the YM-2149 datasheet.

The values in the spreadsheet are derived for the 2MHz and 1MHz clock
options.

The datasheet includes the formula used by the spreadsheet to derive
the 12-bit Tone Period values for both clock rates.

Once you have that, calculating any desired note or frequency of sound
is pretty straightforward.

--
Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey <exile at weylan-yutani.com>
Weylan-Yutani Corporation