[Coco] 6809 to 6309 Switcher Help...

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 19:21:19 EST 2020

Hi Everyone,
I recently asked someone (but I don't remember who) if there was some type of switch (or board) that would allow you to insert BOTH the 6809 AND the 6309 CPU on a CoCo 3 Motherboard and then choose which CPU you wanted by using a switch.
Anyway SOMEONE (I don't remember who - DAMN that Alzheimer's) told me that I should get in touch with RETRO-Innovations as they had a circuit board there that did what I wanted. They (SOMEONE) also cautioned me that this board ONLY WORKED WITH THE 512 Meg Upgrade and that it WOULD NOT WORK with the 2 Meg Upgrade.
Now the thing I'm trying to find out is WHO (HIS NAME) GAVE ME THIS INFO regarding the 2 Meg Upgrade that wouldn't work???
Thanks for everyone's help in this matter...
Keep on CoCoing...
Joe...