[Coco] t2_sc6551.dr

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Apr 30 10:22:11 EDT 2020

On Apr 30, 2020, at 8:39 AM, phil pt <ptaylor2446 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for that information. The update on the device is it used for
> over the internet or does it support the dialup modems please?

There is no internet for NitrOS-9. DriveWire has a special driver/descriptor that can talk to a host PC and then do internet, but that is not T2.

T2 is just a serial port. You could hook it to a terminal, a telephone modem, a wifi Modem, etc. it does not care. The way I do internet on the CoCo is using a standard terminal program in RS-DOS or one in OS-9 and talking to it the same way I would a telephone modem. No difference.

You can wire up a $10 WiFi Modem for the CoCo. It acts like a Hayes Smartmodem, so you an ADT"telnetebbs.net" or whatever, using an Internet address instead of a phone number. It connects via WiFi and then all the CoCo knows is it has read and write to something through the serial port.