[Coco] Writing a virtual GPU / FPU device.

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Thu May 23 01:43:59 EDT 2019

third party

I believe that such a list does exist but my very well trained dog
(Google) did not present the list I have seen before, but many other
results for "coco memory map". If I include "coco in a Google search it
knows exactly what I want, 3-4 pages of documents all over the web that
are very detailed about the coco memory map.

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Documents/Books/ColorComputerMemoryMap.pdf
is not that list but a document that I have not seen before.

Trying to not conflict with all other devices likely is not possible.

With the ghosting due to incomplete memory address decoding and every
hardware designer also wanting to not have any conflicts, you run into
what I was taught in a EE class. Don't care methods to reduce the
complexity of hardware designs that were widely used when the CoCo was
designed, thus the ghosting.

If you are the only person to ever see your work, then a flexible method
that allows movement should you obtain an conflicting device will work.

If others will see your work then it is a judgement call based on that
list that someone will point you to.

SHF