[Coco] Bit-Banger Serial as external console?

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Thu Mar 28 20:34:52 EDT 2019

You go Forth in paths I don't know about.

As the baud rate must be set and code to write to the bitbanger port
must be present, perhaps using the DEBC routine.

I would look for any keyword that implies output.

Trying just to print with other Forth's output routines might give a
clue. I have a couple of other Forth that are on RTSI in a huge zip
should you not find any with "PRINT".

It might be that no code is present because VCC was written after the
Forth you are trying to use was written.

If you are on Windows, load the binary into WordPad (NOT notepad) to
look for keywords.

If you are on OS-9 / NitrOS-9 my Colorful SLED ED6 can also be used to
look for keywords.

(Don't save the files, ALL control codes are stripped with both of those
methods.)

On other OS look for a text viewer that ignores control bytes, just look
at the binary again.

SHF