[Coco] CoCo Discrimination

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Fri Jul 19 15:42:28 EDT 2019

Just my two cents here from someone who has been platform agnostic since it
became possible for me to be so in the late 80s, but I would think of the
nick-name "TRaSh-80" as much of a badge of honor as anything else these
days (and mostly applicable to the TRS-80 Model x series, obviously, but
people have of course conflated the two separate product lines since early
on). While I'm sure it had a derogatory genesis, it seems like even the
TRS-80- and CoCo-centric magazines embraced the term at the time, and why
not? Few other computers have nicknames that stuck in anywhere near the
same way. It's more a historical "fun fact" than anything of any real
relevance these days.

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>