[Coco] Forth09

M. David Johnson mdj at bds-soft.com
Fri Jan 25 16:57:29 EST 2019

I'm looking for a copy of Forth09 by D. P. Johnson. Would anybody know where I might find a copy?

On the Archive, it seems that Forth09 (under Disks/Programming) by Dennis M. Weldy is NOT the same as the Forth09 described in the manual by D. P. Johnson (under Documents/Manuals/Programming).

When Weldy's Forth09 starts up, it lists itself as "FORTH09 v 01.00.00 1987 (PRELIMINARY VERSION)".

D. P. Johnson's manual is dated September 26, 1988.

Furthermore, MANY of the words described in the manual are not present in Weldy's Forth09. From a first brief inspection, it appears that the only words included with Weldy's Forth09 (in his dictionary's order) are:

+ - * / MOD . /MOD SWAP DUP OVER ROT DROP CR SPACES SPACE EMIT 2SWAP 2DUP 2OVER 2DROP .\" = < > 0= 0< 0> NOT AND OR ?DUP ABORT\" ?STACK IF ELSE THEN 1+ 1- 2+ 2- 2* 2/ ABS NEGATE MIN MAX >R R> I I' J */ */MOD DO LOOP +LOOP LEAVE BEGIN UNTIL WHILE REPEAT U.R PAGE QUIT

--
M. David Johnson
mdj at bds-soft.com