[Coco] CocoFest 2019

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:04:31 EST 2019

On 1/11/19 2:58 PM, tim franklinlabs.com wrote:
>     LOL... Chicago is actually the 12th windiest city in America.
>
>     CAPTION: Average annual wind speed of the windiest US cities (in miles
>     per hour and kilometres per hour)
>
>               City            MPH  KPH
>     Boston, Massachusetts     12.3 19.8
>     Oklahoma City, Oklahoma   12.2 19.6
>     Buffalo, New York         11.8 19.0
>     Milwaukee, Wisconsin      11.5 18.5
>     Dallas, Texas             10.7 17.2
>     Kansas City, Missouri     10.6 17.1
>     San Francisco, California 10.6 17.1
>     Cleveland, Ohio           10.5 16.9
>     Minneapolis, Minnesota    10.5 16.9
>     Virginia Beach, Virginia  10.5 16.9
>     Providence, Rhode Island  10.4 16.7
>     Chicago, Illinois         10.3 16.6
>     Detroit, Michigan         10.2 16.4
>
> References
>
>     Visible links
>
>     Hidden links:

I don't live in a city but when the local weather says to
expect 20 mph winds I usually see 35-45 mph at my house.
I wouldn't call any of those "windy cities".  You want to
feel wind, stop by WyndSwept Acres which is what we named
this place the first year here.  Hint:  I have a wooden
swing in the yard on a heavy wooden arbor.  Weighs over
100 lbs.  It's laying down right now.  Wind put it there
and I don't see an point in standing it back  up as the
wind would just blow it over again anyway.

bill