[Coco] MOOH cartridge dual boot demo

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Apr 29 01:52:52 EDT 2019

On Monday 29 April 2019 01:11:15 Alex Evans wrote:

> What are you using for an SD card? I have tried several and the result
> is always the same. I can boot into either FUZIX or Nitros9, but the
> first write to the file system.corrupts the card.

I'd bet thats related to the card being a 512 byte "sector" and all the
coco systems are 256 byte sectors.  Someplace in an nitros9 descriptor
is a switch bit that might fix that, probably at a cost of half the
cards capacity.  Take a good read of superdesc.asm from the nitros9
srcs.

I've got an fdc chip in this nearly $300 Asus mobo that is so allergic to
a 256 byte sector disk that it locks this machine up tight, the only
recovery is to eject the disk and hit the power switch till it times out
and kills the power.

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019, 00:46 Ron Klein <ron at kdomain.org> wrote:
> > Here's a short demo video of the MOOH cartridge in action on a Coco
> > 2. Tormod Volden has sent me a few to make available at CocoFEST for
> > anyone interested.
> >
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/YFD4iRMtV8ami2tr7
> >
> > My Coco 2 has a CoCoVGA board in it and will take advantage of the
> > fantastic 64 column mode.
> >
> > More information about the MOOH can be found at Tomod's site:
> >
> > http://tormod.me/mooh.html
> > <
> > http://tormod.me/mooh.html?fbclid=IwAR23YlMeW3vc2B-gFl-UCRr7oR5kVjEj
> >JhX0gfb3N1tTL8G51sTBB-xJgrI
> >
> > https://nitros9.sourceforge.io/mooh/
> > <
> > https://nitros9.sourceforge.io/mooh/?fbclid=IwAR1pMbu9iuqiUoaJe4E5pv
> >9N9iLKkkjILtLXth_YZTda6eH5riwG-UL2hfA
> >

> > More information about the CoCoVGA can be found at:
> >
> > http://www.cocovga.com/
> > <
> > https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cocovga.com%2F%3Ffbc
> >lid%3DIwAR2V8nkiDDXmSUzQItN4GnTxwyeQG5B_fEDsFj2MUk5vLjjXEyFpMMvKY9Y&h
> >=AT1qa-baOS7bEBfFr6BMd6wPXAR9sjaToTdjgLjwrSmSXeo_aAwHiHmGIOwl0on3ipsV
> >YMGQb-MzBbDhHZqtN9d3a5pVu6VrcTOdQj2ZEDMYQEnPeWG-HQSiwEVJ-TycVW38CQM7X
> >3SFqlb1
> >

> > --

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)