[Coco] A note to Android phone users

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Oct 30 13:39:18 EDT 2018

Greetings coconuts;

3 weeks ago I got a call on the landline, phishing. They knew everything
about my CC but the number on the back. I called the caller several
unflatering names, hung up. Called back while I was looking up the banks
phone number, scene repeated. Called the bank and froze the card, then
went down to them and made arrangements for a new one.  Tracing back, it
turned out to be Samsung Pay, I guess a wannabe paypal.

So if you have an android phone, and have ever bought anything from it,
watch your card account on a daily basis.

Maybe its legit, but the guy that called me was sure phishing to beat the
band since my cell phone is a bare bones phone, with a now expired sim
card in it. And he knew enough that the csv number would have allowed my
account to be drained in 5 minutes.  So beware of phishers with card
numbers etc that "just want to confirm".

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)