[Coco] Making my 80T 2S OS-9 Boot Disks boot able

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Mon Mar 26 22:40:52 EDT 2018

I just realized that the floppy controller in SHF15 was for the DISTO
No-Halt and that may be why it may not boot.

I keep thinking that the offset to the boot track is messed up by the
conversion to a .dsk is the problem. That's why I asked the question for
using DED. Double sided disk to single sided .dsk.

So I must either find what I did for the original Jeff Vavasour's CoCo 3
emulator, Or try another disk. Someone wants to stay far far away from
NitrOS-9 Level-I due to the decreased memory available.

So it's OS-9 Level-I that needs to be booted in VCC, I just thought it
was better to go with my last system which I want to get running anyway.

Perhaps SHF13 OS-9 L-I V02.00.00 which may use SDISK.

It has been so many decades since I tried to get my old system running.

I live ~ .25 mile from Murphy's house so he has many chances to mess up
what I want to do.

NitrOS-9, the last time I tried to download it I got 100GB in addition
to the OS with every book, help file and so on ever written for the
CoCo. I stopped that install just in time and went back to the last
restore point.

Now it's Hyper-V and Vista for CoCo stuff so my W10 laptop will not get
messed up. But that is an animal that I have yet to tame. The Virtual
Machines I used before were easy compared to Hyper-V.

BTY, The computers with floppy disk are down to two and one is my
Weather Station and the other is about to get a new MB due to problems
with the old one. It must be in good shape to be a backup HTPC.

SHF