[Coco] CoCo pictures to JPEG

Travis Poppe travispoppe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:13:57 EDT 2018

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 09:37:03PM -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
> What would you say to the idea of having an upload form on coco3.com that
> can take a CoCoMax 3, ColorMax Deluxe, Rat, RLE, PMODE 3/4, and other CoCo
> formats and convert to a JPEG picture file?
>
> I could do this either as a separate module/page or integrate it with the
> Gallery somehow to accept .bin, .cm3, .mge, .rat, .rle pictures and do
> on-the-fly conversion to JPEG before the pictures are inserted into your
> user album.  This seems to be the best way I know to post real CoCo editor
> pictures.

Resurrecting a 10-year-old thread... Yikes!

Did anything ever come of this? I've archived at least a thousand CoCo
images in various formats and have extracted them to my PC with
toolshed. It would be really cool if I could convert these en masse to
either PNG or GIF format.

Erik Gavriluk wrote a small Python utility to convert regular .MAX (CoCo
Max) files to PNG, which works well:

https://github.com/milliluk/milliluk-tools/blob/master/max2png/max2png.py

I've also got quite a few CM3, PIX, MGE, DS-69, etc. files I'd like to
convert. With a bit of Linux shell scripting, it's quite easy to do with
something like max2png.py.

Best regards,
--
Travis Poppe