[Coco] CoCoFEST! 2018 -- Call for Vendors/Exhbitors (and Attendees too!)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 12 09:50:43 EST 2018

> On Jan 12, 2018, at 6:33 AM, Francis Swygert <farna at att.net> wrote:
>
> I might have to see what plane tickets are going to be from here if Allen is going. Won't be the same without my "new" Rambler there though. I'm sure Allen remembers our drive to the Hard Rock in Chicago....

Funny, a few days ago I was scanning Glenside CoCo~123 newsletters and I found one from 1996 that had a handwritten note at the top:

“So, hey, buddy, are we going to try to make it to Hard Rock Cafe this time? Tee-hee! Love, Linda”

I had forgotten about that note, and it reminded me of this night.

Somewhere in your story should be the part where some guy outside a gas station charged you money for water ;-) Not sure he worked there, but I think I have that part on video!

> we're back in Elgin! No cell phones, and didn't call hotel because we didn't want to wake anyone to come get us... I guess... don't remember that part.

I seem to recall we did call, and no one still awake at the hotel was sober enough to come get us...! Does that ring a bell?

> Haven't seen anyone from up there in years, but did meet Tony and Linda for dinner this past summer when I drove my Rambler to Kenosha for a big Homecoming meet (Ramblers and AMCs were built in Kenosha, we have a big meet there every three years).
>  Frank Swygert

I also ran across a trifold flyer for one of your car publications back then, so thought of you the other day for that as well.

		— A