[Coco] [CoCo] NitrOS-9 on real CoCo (Was DriveWire 4)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jan 2 17:01:51 EST 2018

> On Jan 2, 2018, at 3:55 PM, David Ladd <davidwladd at gmail.com> wrote:
> After the conversion of NitrOS-9 Project to be built with lwtools and the
> defs files were updated with longer more meaningful labels you can no
> longer build NitrOS-9 on a real CoCo. :(  As normal ASM is limited to 8
> character labels and I believe RMA is also.​
>
> Personally I wish that NitrOS-9 was still able to be built on a real CoCo
> 3, but I guess the powers didn't think it was important to maintain that
> ability.

When I was getting my CoCo set back up, I recall discussing with William about the possibility of porting lwtools to OS-9. I forget the details, but it did not sound doable.

However, if “ansifront” can turn ANSI-C to K&R C, I wonder if all we need is a front-filter that would change the code back, generating labels that fit the 8 character limit on demand?

		— A