[Coco] Model 100/102/200 with disk drive but no utility disk

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Oct 27 13:07:19 EDT 2017

On Friday 27 October 2017 10:43:30 My Email wrote:

> Hi
> It doesn't look like my email client is doing us any favour s
> When u get the listing just copy and paste it to word pad and have
> each line number as its own line.

Hotmail strikes again.  It should have strong warning labels.

Your emails are coming in here, apparently base64 encoded, with zero
normal text content after the header, which contains zero references to
a mime-type of any kind. IOW, its current setup is broken.  How my linux
kmail agent figures out how to make normal looking text out of that is a
mystery to me, but it does.

I am assuming that you are actually using a browser to access hotmail
since the headers claim the originating agent is hotmail.  There should
be a configuration tab you can open to set it to send normal text only,
which should not confound a legitimate email agent.

Failing that, there is a winderz version of mozilla's thunderbird, which
can generally be configured a lot easier than hotmail.  And Its free.

Hotmail can I assume be accessed by the likes of thunderbird by setting
thunderbird up to do 'pop3' fetching, and 'smtp' sending. The advantage
of that is that you'll have a complete, offline readable, archive of all
your online email activity.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)