[Coco] Desoldering tools

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Oct 26 18:56:47 EDT 2017

I want to thank Richard Lorbieski for his guidance in selecting a
desoldering station for my bench.  I found a pretty good deal on a used
PACE MBT 301 2 channel rework station ($400.00 offer) with a TD-100
IntelliHeat handpiece and SX-100 (recommended by Richard) desoldering
handpiece.  Unit arrived tonight and works splendidly.

I am sure there are other tools to add to the bench, but I am happy with
the current setup:

PACE MBT301:
(https://www.paceworldwide.com/products/conductive-rework-systems/mbt-301/mbt-301-soldering-and-desoldering-station-with)
METCAL MX500 (https://learn.adafruit.com/smt-manufacturing/soldering-irons)
SAIKE 852D+ (Chinese Hakko 850/851 clone)
(https://www.amazon.com/Saike-852D-Digital-Soldering-System/dp/B007G36ME2)

Maybe if I see a good deal on a Hakko, I'll swap out my clone.   Hot Air
is awesome for surface mount rework.

I swear by my METCAL iron technology (the tip heats up extremely fast,
and stays hot even when handling large blocks of copper/solder/etc.
But, it looks like the PACE has the same tech, so the METCAL might get
bumped from the bench :-)

Jim