[Coco] Altera DE1 for sale

Rob Rosenbrock bester at adamswells.com
Sat Oct 21 10:23:39 EDT 2017

FWIW:

I’m taking a closer look at it today. My board is actually in excellent shape; apart from the broken plexiglass, it looks almost new.

I connected it to a monitor and the (included) power supply. When I pressed SW11, (with SW12 in the RUN position,) the monitor came alive with the Altera demo screen and the LEDs began their chase sequence. The 7-segment displays began counting from 0-F. Pressing Key0 reset the demo, and SW0 displayed a color test screen. When I connected a speaker to the headphone jack, I got a normal tone. SW11 stops and starts the demo.

In my box, I received the DE1, a CDROM, USB cable, and the power supply. I did not receive any documentation (other than the CD), nor a jumper wire. Frankly, we only need the board and the power supply - the rest is easily obtained or is irrelevant; the software is downloaded. Despite my OCD I’m pleased.

Looking at the board, SRAM 512KB is a IS61LV25616AL-10 which (as far as I can tell) is the older version. The newer boards used the IS61WV25616EDBLL-10. I don’t anticipate any issues.

It’s not much of a gamble. Stakes aren’t very high.