[Coco] Ide hard and floppy enclosure in one case

Rietveld Rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 14 11:15:12 EDT 2017

Hi

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone but since getting an ide HD hooked up to my coco I have been pondering the best way to house it

I came up with a clever(at least I think so) idea that seems to work well

Since most of us will want a physical floppy drive as part of the setup to transfer disks to the HD I figured I could house both together
I picked up a 3022 drive enclosure with power supply at the Tandy Assembly. I used a molex 'y' cable to give me two power connections.
I then mounted a spare half height drive I had from an old fd502 into the case  and used a 3 1/2 drive bay adapter to mount the IDE drive underneath it.  I 3d printed a plastic cover to go under the physical floppy drive that covers the HD.   (I am trying to print a fancier one that looks like a blank drive plate u see on the fd501 or 502 drive enclosures)
I ran the IDE and drive cable out the back of the enclosure near where the original edge connector was.

Now it looks like a regular drive setup with my coco1