[Coco] NitrOS9 question

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Fri Oct 6 00:14:19 EDT 2017

Ok, I just found out something very interesting.  I decided to assemble
a dummy VTIO with entry points for Init, Read, Write, GetStat, SetStat,
and Term.  There is no code in the module except for a single rts that
all six routines point to.  When I include this version of VTIO in the
bootfile it still fails in headless mode.  The VTIO module is only about
140 bytes long.  Now, when I simply add a few lines with:

      fcc    /00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/

This makes the VTIO module a little bigger.  It is now 497 bytes long.
And, it works!  Don't ask me why but I have a feeling it has nothing to
do with what's in VTIO.  But it could possibly have something to do with
where other modules end up in memory.  I'm wondering now if it's
something strange going on with CCBKrn...

Dave