[Coco] assembler directive

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Oct 5 16:30:09 EDT 2017

Dave Philipsen wrote:
> Thanks, Robert.  I’m not actually using LWASM else it would have been easy to figure it out. I am assembling the source for the modules with the native OS9 assembler which, obviously, does not recognize the directive. If there were a version of LWASM for OS9 I would consider using it.
>
> I’m very familiar with using a cross assembler on another system to generate code and then uploading the code to the target system for testing.  Usually this is done because the target system does not have the resources to run an assembler. But in this case I have a full-blown operating system and an assembler and enough speed to do it right on the same box.  I also realize that, for the CoCo, this could be done fairly quickly with an emulator on a PC.  However, to my knowledge, neither the CoCo3FPGA nor my non-CoCo 6809 system are emulated so that’s another reason I’m converting this stuff over.
>
> Dave

Ok, just remove the dtb and replace it with an fcb similar to that found in dwio.asm
* Default time packet
DefTime        fcb       109,12,31,23,59,59

The above is used with the call F$STime so the values are year, month, day, hours, minutes, seconds.

I don't remember but think year starts at 1900 so 109+1900=2009 and might be when dwio.asm was
written. The value I get by assembling the SourceForge code does seem consistent with my PC clock as
the year is $75=117 117+1900=2017 .

Robert