[Coco] NitrOS9 question

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Thu Oct 5 14:16:33 EDT 2017

Ok, so I've successfully eliminated CoWin, KeyDrv, SndDrv, JoyDrv, RBDW,
DWIO, RAMD, R0, and Term from my bootfile and the CoCo3FPGA boots up
with a shell on T2.  But, when I try to remove VTIO I get the signon
message from Init on T2 but I don't get a shell.  To my knowledge VTIO
is simply a device driver module for the SCF window devices.  If I have
no window device descriptors in the bootfile, then, why is VTIO needed?
See output from 'mdir' below:

KrnP2       Init        Clock       Clock2      IOMan       RBF
SCF         PipeMan     RBSuper     LLCoCo3FPGA Piper SD1
DD          SC6551      VTIO        T2          Pipe CCBKrn
MDir        Shell       Date        DeIniz      Echo Iniz
Link        Load        Save        Unlink

Dave