[Coco] Tandy Assembly Exhibit: CocoMEM

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 11:26:09 EDT 2017

 Sean, it isn't hard. First you need to get a PLCC chip puller like this one:

http://www.techni-tool.com/606PR066

Then make sure that the "hooks" at the end of the puller's arms are securely under the chip and then gently pull out. For me, the hardest part was getting the hooks securly under the chip. I tried it a few time but the puller slipped because of this. Once the GIME is out, treat it very respectfully. I don't know how sensitive it is to static electricity, but I made sure not to touch the chip's pins and placed it on a plastic that was part of an anti static bag. Regards, Salvador