[Coco] [CoCo] The Trials to disable RS232 Status

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 11:40:03 EDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 10:15 AM, William Astle <lost at l-w.ca> wrote:

> On 2017-10-02 09:03 AM, David Ladd wrote:
>
>> You know, I wonder how hard it would be to intercept the LINE PRINTER
>> routines so that way it might be possible to send the LINE PRINTER stuff
>> through DriveWire printer routines?  Reason I am just now thinking of this
>> is that with the DriveWire version of HDBDOS or your SDC-DOS that has
>> access to DriveWire 4 to redirect the LINE PRINTER output.
>>

> It would be pretty much trivial to intercept it for handling the character
> output. I'm not sure if there's enough ROM space to do it in HDBDOS.

​William, I keep forgetting about the limited ROM space. :(​

> You just need to hook the "console out" RAM hook and handle device -2.

​Sadly I haven't messed with these RAM hooks yet. :)  More stuff to learn.
:)

> Depending on the semantics of the DriveWire printer business, you may need
> to have something that "flushes" the output after an idle time (and
> probably on CR). This is probably more complicated than the character
> handler.

​Not sure yet.  That is where I would have to look at the documentation on
how that stuff works.  I just have to go through Aaron Wol​fe's site to see
if I can find it. :)

So many things I have to understand first. :)

​

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |