[Coco] [CoCo] The Trials to disable RS232 Status

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 10:54:08 EDT 2017

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Darren A <mechacoco at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 1:37 AM, David Ladd  wrote:
>

> > So I read through and found two instructions I figured would be safe to
> NOP
> > out.
> > First instruction at Line # 0381/Address $A2C7 and Line # 0408/Address
> > $A2F7.  Each of those instructions are two bytes.  A NOP is 1 byte.  So I
> > need to make sure I change all 4 bytes to the NOP instruction.  So I
> > quickly made a one liner to POKE the values I needed and then I would
> test
> > it to see if it worked.  Here is the one liner:
> > POKE &HA2C7,&H12:POKE &HA2C8,&H12:POKE &HA2F7,&H12:POKE &HA2F8,&H12
> >

> David, not a big deal, but you could cut the number of POKEs in half by
> changing the two instructions to BRN rather than NOPs.
>
> POKE &HA2C7,&H21:POKE &HA2F7,&H21

​Darren, that is a good idea.  I didn’t know there was a branch never
instruction.  Otherwise I would have used it. :D Thank you :)

​

> - Darren

​

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |