[Coco] Using DriveWire to write network software

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 16:56:42 EDT 2017

On 29-Mar-17 19:05, Lee Patterson wrote:
> Mark’s Doom example is exactly what I am talking about.
>
> Lee’s Coco > dw > server > dw > Mark’s Coco
>
> Lee’s coco talks Lee’s dw via the bitbanger port. dw talks to the
> server via tcp/ip. Mark’s coco talks to his dw and his dw talks to
> the same server via tcp/ip.
>
> I’m just looking for sample code for the coco to talk to the dw
> server on the coco, and how dw will connect to a tcp/ip socket.
>
> Lee

Yes, this is one of the Scenarios I was thinking of!!!

In this Peer-to-Peer scenario, If the Machines Hosting DriveWire are
behind a Router/Firewall, configuration of Firewall to allow Direct
Inbound Connections will be required...

Having a Third Party Server would make the Client Configuration much
simpler..

MarkO