[Coco] scred Docs

Fri Mar 24 12:17:25 EDT 2017

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Fadden" <t.fadden at cox.net>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] scred Docs

> That is not for scred.  The scred manual is part of the os9 Level 2
> Development System Manual. On 3/24/2017 8:19
>
> It is right above the one Stephen gave you. The correct link is:
>

> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Documents/Manuals/Operating%20Systems/OS-9%20Level%20Two%20Development%20System%20(Tandy).pdf
>

> I don't know what all the scred bashing is about, I have used it since
> it came out, and have never had any problem. I have heard in the past
> others saying it is bugged. Perhaps some one in the know could enlighten.
>
> Cheers

SCRED is a line editor and not a screen editor. Just like Basic09's line editor which I found a way to avoid.

Once you have used a screen editor you will never go back, as least I did to the point of creating a screen editor when none was available.

Large file editing is one of it's advantages, I simulated that be being able to step through a file, not recommended.

I saw that horror at work years before and tried to help the lady using it with little success. Going back to a typewriter was not an option but better things would appear soon like screen editors. It was like looking at your document only one line at a time, forget what you have changed in a line before and you need to go back to the start of the document to find what to do next.

SHF