[Coco] It's a small win, but a win nonetheless

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sun Mar 12 13:37:28 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-11 11:18 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I'll take your word for it William, but I have a mental picture of a sign
> inviting that law author guy Murphy being invited in for lunch
> (yours). ;-)

Mr. Murphy has a permanent residence here. :)

Anyway, my assertion is based on the actual Color Basic ROM code. It
sends exactly 8 bits per byte with no extras.

The serial routine does send a start bit and a stop bit. And it seems to
also send a stop bit before the start bit. In this case, the stop bit
would likely be measurably longer than the start bit since an idle RS232
line is just one extended "stop" bit.