[Coco] BIGGEST PROBLEM

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 11:49:37 EST 2017

Not sure who or what this applies to:

The Raspi has a very simplistic USB interface.  Most of the heavy lifting
is done by the ARM cpu.  It eats about %20 of its CPU resources.  I doubt
our hundreds-of-times-slower 6809 could do software USB with %100 of it's
cycles.

Only heaviest of the 32 bit PIC controllers can do USB.  After perusing the
PIC's datasheets,  I'm guessing the PIC's USB controller is limited too.

But I'm sure one of our *many* software people wouldn't mind spending
$1000's on the USB spec ;)  Mr. Philipson mentioned he has a copy, so maybe
he can hip us to the in-and-outs of USB, and what the PIC's
limitations/abilities are.

brett