[Coco] CoCo TALK #13 today!

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:46:08 EDT 2017

So just an FYI, CoCo TALK is live once a week, where anyone can either join
the Skype call or the live chat, however, if you miss any of the live
shows, all of them are available for permanent replay on the YouTube
channel at any time, just head over to the channel, which is
http://youtube.com/ogsteviestrow

There are currently 13 episodes, with over 13 hours of a bunch of crazy old
folks talking about this crazy old computer.
Due to the extremely free form nature of each show, it's hard to have a
detailed document of everything that's covered in each show, I do try to
have set topics a much as possible as a show "guide" or "outline" but what
juicy bits of knowledge that are shared at any give moment are going to be
hard to document in a detailed fashion.

The time I chose, again, as a guideline happened to be Saturday at 2PM
Eastern Daylight time for a few reasons, for me, I could make sure I could
get in a 2-3 hour show, if needed, and still be done by dinner time, and
for our global audience, it's the best compromise for the vast majority,
some countries are only a few hours ahead, so it's evening/night for them,
in the cause of Nick Marentes in Australia, he's like 14 hours ahead, and
he's literally doing this around 4AM on a Sunday morning with us, because
CoCo.

This time is a general suggestion, and not set in stone, personal
obligations, holidays, etc., will cause the schedule to have to change
occasionally, and, if somebody wanted to be a speaker on the show, and they
had schedule concerns, we can try and accommodate that person, with
advanced notice, and planning, we schedule a show that works for that
person.

It's hard for me thing think of the "perfect time" that works for the
entire planet, but we'll try and come up with the best compromised times
each time.

What I am also always looking for are show topic suggestions, if there is a
particular subject somebody would like to have discussed, please let us
know.  Some weeks, the show writes itself, because there was something hot
going on on the list and or Facebook, other weeks we literally just "wing
it".

So topic suggestions, and people who'd like to speak, especially if they
have a project they are working on and would like to share it in a format
that's a little more interactive and visual than just a blog, we'd love to
have you, please let me know.

This is a show about the CoCo for fans of the CoCo so there isn't anything
that's technically "off limits" when it comes to content to discuss, we can
go hard core deep into technical discussions, or keep things light and high
level for people who are less technical, etc.

You can send your suggestions to me via email, here, or leave a comment on
one of the videos you watch with feed back as well.

This is our computer, and I'm trying to create "our weekly talk show" for
it, the show will be as good as the people who support it, by watching,
joining, and suggesting, let's make this show one worthy of our beloved
machine.

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow
http://ogsteviestrow.com