[Coco] nitros-9 coco1_6309

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 03:46:16 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 9:18 AM, David Ladd wrote:
> Tormod,
>
> I was able to get my CoCo2 that has a 6309 in it hooked back up.  I was
> able to test the 6309 NOS9L1 CoCo1 & CoCo 2 FDC images and they both worked
> on my real CoCo2 without crashing.

Hi David,

I am glad to hear this. Thanks for testing this out!

> I also for the hell of it tried the same disk images in MAME using the
> coco3h profile and was able to boot up 6309 NOS9L1 CoCo1 & CoCo2 disk
> images there as well.

I also tried this but since I am a MAME noob I couldn't even get it to start.

> I would have tested it with MAME under a CoCo2 profile, but sadly there is
> no 6309 version of the CoCo 1 or CoCo2 MAME profiles.
>
> So we may have to report this to Ciaran that there might be a issue on
> xroar.

I was heavily debugging this on XRoar last weekend. In the end I saw
something strange in the trace that I thought could explain the
crashes, but I also something is strange about the trace functionality
itself so I am not sure. I have already contacted Ciaran about this,
awaiting his analysis.

> If I find any more information out I will let you know as I have the data
> to provide.

Thanks a lot,
Tormod