[Coco] Trying to build new images

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 18:34:25 EST 2017

Gene, this is a L1 boot.... vfy won't work with it. There's 5 modules in a L1 boot. rel, boot, krn, krnp2, & init.
Also, I would imagine vfy uses a few L2 only syscalls.

billA tool that might be helpfull is my 'vfy', which you can get from my web page in the sig. I'd first look at track 34 with ded to see if its even there AND the track is fully occupied. I have another utility called krnl-to-dir, which builds a directory entry to track 34, making it a visible (and danger Will Robinson, deleteable) file, and you can then run "vfy -k kernal" (spelling error on purpose) which should show everything on that track including the first 6 bytes that identify it as OS, and its DOS satisfying data. then 3 modules and their size and CRC's, (match those CRC's to the file named in the merge command of your mb script) and finally the trailing bytes that pad it on out to 4608 total bytes, and function as error catchers, which if jumped to, simply issue a return from a subroutine. Hex 39's IOW.Cheers, Gene Hesket

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com