[Coco] Model 3 Coco 3

Rietveld Rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 26 16:15:51 EDT 2017

Don't know if anyone will find this interesting but I just finished a coco3 repack On my way home from chicago sunday I stopped at a friend's house to pick up a model III crt (just the tube) for a guy here on the list. He was going to throw the shell out so I figured I would take it. While driving home I thought it would be neat to have a model 3 coco3 So when I got home I opened a spare coco3 and put it inside and replaced the mod 3 keyboard with the coco's. I took a pair of old full height drives and mounted them in the drive bays using the coco's ribbon cable and connected it with a small fd502 controller. I used a flat screen display and attached it in the opening that once housed the crt. I extended the joystick ports with an old set of joystick extension cords I had Not very practical I guess but a neat use for some spare hardware just sitting in my closet I plan to bring my mod 3 coco3 to the Tandy Assembly
,