[Coco] Original OS-9 Level 1 source code

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Apr 26 13:18:42 EDT 2017

Most of the OS9 L1 code can be found in the NitrOS9 repo buried in on of the early branches.
BTW, you're not going to get much space even out of a "stripped" L1 when using a "hi-res" screen like the one you describe. You must remember that the required 6k of memory for the graphics screen as well as the system itself is all part of the 64k available.
I gave up on doing anything significant in L1 long ago (before NitrOS9) as there just wasn't enough memory left over for the program. The only real alternative in L1 to expand a program is to write small programs and then "chain" them together. This is how "DeskMate" works in L1. Each module is pretty small and is chained by the other modules when called.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com