[Coco] SDC Question

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 23:16:06 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Ed Orbea  wrote:

> Can I copy a VHD disk image to my SFC, then use HDBDOS to access the
> virtual disk images, WITHOUT using drive wire using drive #1 of my SDC (I
> know that I could startup DW and use drive #2 and #3 to access the virtual
> disks).

If your VHD image has no OS9 partition preceding the virtual Disk Basic
images, you can use SDC-DOS to access them. Use the DRIVE command to mount
the VHD image just like you would for a floppy disk image.

  DRIVE 1, "HDRIVE.VHD"

The method used in SDC-DOS to access the individual diskettes differs from
that of HDBDOS. For example, using HDBDOS you might load a program from
disk 170 with a command like this:

  LOAD "170:PROGRAM"

In SDC-DOS you must "map" the drive number which was used to mount the VHD
image onto one of the target diskettes within the image:

  DRIVE 1,170
  LOAD "1:PROGRAM"

- Darren