[Coco] Coco Flash

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Apr 24 08:05:49 EDT 2017

Francis Swygert wrote:
><snip>
> 3. So you can use the SDC to store ROM images (.dsk files) that should work -- up to 256 of them (that's the HBD-DOS limit of the number of virtual drives).
> I think that covers the basics, though I'm sure there are some details I left out. Frank Swygert
>   Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
>   803-604-6548

Actually HDBDOS is not limited to 256 "drives" but is limited to multiples of 256 "drives" depending
on the size of the hard drive. All you need do is POKE values into $D938-$D93A to change the sector
offset to the Basic partition of the drive you want to use.
That means if you add $27600 to the current values you can get another 256 "drives", if the hard
drive is large enough.

I don't know if the capacity of the CoCoSDC is large enough to permit this.

Robert