[Coco] Solid state disk drive

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 08:01:00 EDT 2017

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017, George Ramsower wrote:

> I noticed there are some solid state disk drive replacement drive that
> emulate a 720k drive and have enough storage for 100 disks.
>
>  Has anyone tried one of these gadgets ?

The little Gotek emulators?  I've used one with my Coco 3 just to see if
it worked (it did).

The original firmware is worthless.  Better to pay the modest fee for HxC
firmware replacement:

http://hxc2001.com/

I use HxC Gotek units with my Heath H89, Kaypro 10, IBM PC and a few other
older boxen that escape my mind at the moment.