[Coco] Becker interface for Coco 2 emulators

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 16:04:31 EDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Ron <ron at kdomain.org> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for explain the 2 versions -- now I understand the slight
> difference.
>
> No luck getting the HDBDOSDW3CC2.ROM working with MAME yet.  Not sure what
> the deal is.  I'm going to get fiddling with it.

​HDBDOSDW3CC2.ROM is only for use with a real CoCo 2 or CoCo 1 with fixed
Op Amp on the bitbanger port.​
HDBDOSDW3CC1.ROM is for the CoCo 1 that has the original Op Amp.
HDBDOSDW3CC3.ROM is for use on the CoCo 3.

Reason for the Becker port being supported by MAME, VCC, and XROAR was to
give them the same access that the CoCo3FPGA project has.

Garry Becker's FPGA code emulates the FDC chip and does the conversion to
DriveWire which is why HDBDOS had never been setup to work with the Becker
port.  Now the code was copied over from NitrOS-9, but never tweaked to
work with HDBDOS's stack.  After the routine was fixed then we were able to
HDBDOS with VCC, XROAR, and MAME's Becker port.​

> ​<cut>

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |