[Coco] The ultimate VCC hard disk image using EmuDsk

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Apr 14 21:29:50 EDT 2017

Ron Klein wrote:
> Hi Barry,
>
> As you know, I'm a big fan of this compilation you put together.  Do you
> have a version of this that runs with an emulator using Drivewire/Becker
> port?
>
> Thank you!
>
> -Ron
>

> On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Barry Nelson <
> barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com> wrote:
>
>> I have put together the "ultimate" VCC hard disk image using EmuDisk (not
>> DriveWire, or Becker port).
 ><snip>

Ron,

That "ultimate" VCC .vhd disk will work with Drivewire/Becker. I think you are not using VCC
correctly if you can't read Drivewire disks after booting OS-9.

The .vhd image should be mounted as the Hard Drive in VCC or MESS. RGBDOS should be the ROM in use.
With this configuration, you will have access to all of the 256 Basic "drives" on the image.
When you boot OS-9, you will boot from the .vhd image and you should then
load drivewire_mods
and you will have access to Drivewire when set for tcp-server and VCC has the becker.dll mounted.

If you want to access Drivewire when running Basic programs in VCC, you must have the becker.dll
mounted and you must select an external ROM must be a Drivewire Becker version. You may want to set
DW for "HDBDOS translation."

If the above does not help you, describe exactly what you are trying to do.

Robert